Things to know about Naan-e Afghani Recipe
Naan is an essential part of Afghan food. They eat it with every meal and include it in weddings, celebrations or dinners menu. Traditionally it is cooked in a clay oven, every neighborhood in Afghanistan has a bakery or ‘nanwayee’ where they bake thousands of naan each day. Traditionally it is made using a starter called ‘khamir toursh’ but you can use instant yeast instead. The secret to the beautiful texture and aroma of Afghan naan is the right amount of humidity. It is cooked with lots of water. The cook wets the surface before putting it in the oven and sprinkle some water while it is cooking. This delicious naan can be stored in the freezer for many days. Just place it in an airtight bag and reheat once ready to consume.
Delicious Afghan Traditional Flatbread. Authentic Recipe of Naan-e Afghani.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 5 cups Bread Flour
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 packet Yeast
- 2 cups Water Warm
- 1 tsp Nigella Seeds – Black Cumin – Kalojeera – Kalonji -Kalanji
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, and yeast.
- Slowly add water and mix.
- Knead for 10 minutes until a soft dough is formed.
- Cover with a kitchen towel and let it rest for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 260 C / 500 F.
- Punch (degas) the dough and divide it into three parts.
- On a floured surface, gently shape the dough into an oval, about ½ inch (1.5 cm) thick.
- Once the dough is shaped, cut three deep lines on the surface with a knife.
- Transfer into a baking pan.
- Spray the dough with water and sprinkle nigella seeds on top.
- Bake for 5 minutes. Spray the bread with water and bake again for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and wrap in a kitchen towel to keep it fresh and moist.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?