Things to know about Naan-e Roghni Recipe
This is the most common type of naan eaten in Afghanistan. It is available all over the country on every corner. ‘Roghan’ means ‘oil’ it refers to the oil added to the dough of this bread. Traditionally it was baked in big clay ovens, but you can also bake a perfect Naan-e Roghni at your home in a simple oven. This flatbread looks beautiful and tastes delicious too. The surface is brushed with egg before cooking, which gives a beautiful golden glaze to it. Afghans eat it with simple green tea or milk tea. Sometimes it is served as a side dish with many delicious sabzi and stew dips.
Delicious Afghan Traditional Oil Bread. Authentic Recipe of Naan-e Roghni.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 5 1/4 cup Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 packet Yeast
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 2 cups Water Warm
- 1 pc Egg Beaten
- 1 tbsp Nigella Seeds – Black Cumin – Kalojeera – Kalonji -Kalanji
- Mix the dry ingredients including flour, yeast, and salt.
- Then add oil to it.
- Mix in warm water slowly and start kneading.
- Knead for 7 to 10 minutes until a soft, smooth dough is formed.
- Cover with a kitchen towel and leave to rest for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 260 C/500 F.
- Now take the dough and divide it into four parts.
- On a floured surface, press each dough into an oval shape about ½ inch thick.
- Prick some holes or make a pattern on the surface.
- Transfer the dough on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Brush the dough with egg and sprinkle nigella seeds.
- Place into the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Rotate the tray and again bake for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the bread from the oven and wrap it in a kitchen towel for a soft and moist bread.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?