Things to know about Surah Dahl Recipe
Red lentil is a favorite among Afghans. It makes an easy and delicious lunch on hot summer days. A special technique, called; ‘Seer Daagh’ is used in it. In Persian ‘seer’ means ‘garlic’ and ‘daagh’ stands for heat. Shallow fried minced garlic is added as a top layer in the lentil pot. It adds an amazing aroma and a distinct flavor of garlic to it. Traditionally Dahl is served with challow, the Afghan white rice, or traditional bread. Some people add meat to it, but we kept this dish the traditional way. This is a good vegan recipe, full of nutrients, protein, and fiber. Enjoy cooking and eating this mouthwatering recipe.
Delicious Afghan Traditional Red Lentil. Authentic Recipe of Surah Dahl.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 1½ cups Red Lentil
- ½ cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 pcs Onion Chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder – Curcuma Powder
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Ground Coriander Powder
- ½ tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 2 cups Water
- ¼ cup Vegetable Oil
- 3 cloves Garlic Minced
- Pour oil into a pot and heat.
- Sauté onions until golden brown.
- Then add turmeric powder, salt, black pepper, and coriander powder. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add water and let it boil.
- When it starts to boil, add red lentils and cook.
- It should be ready in 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a small pan and keep the heat low to medium.
- Add garlic to it and cook until light brown. Make sure not to burn it.
- Then pour the oil over the lentils in the pot.
- Garnish with fresh coriander.
Serve with bread or Naan, white rice challow or chalaw.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.