Things to know about Roht Recipe
Roht is a classic Afghan side dish for evening green tea. People buy it from neighborhood bakeries ‘Nanwaee’ or cook it at home to enjoy with family or serve to guests with traditional tea, which they refill as soon as they finish a cup. Roht is thick, soft, and sweet and it is cut into triangle slices like a pizza. Bakeries use a lot of yeast and sugar for the airy light texture of the bread. The yogurt also adds to the soft texture and cardamom gives a refreshing aroma. You should try this delicious afghan bread with some melted butter as a dip and green tea with cardamom.
Delicious Afghan Traditional Sweet Bread. Authentic Recipe of Roht.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour – Plain Flour
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 packet Yeast
- 1 cup White Sugar – Regular Sugar – Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Cardamom
- 1 pinch Salt
- 3/4 cup Butter
- 2 tbsp Yogurt
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 tsp Nigella Seeds – Black Cumin – Kalojeera – Kalonji -Kalanji
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, yeast, sugar, cardamom, and salt.
- Add the butter and knead for 5-10 minutes or until a smooth dough is formed.
- Cover with dish cloth. Keep it in a warm place and let it rest for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 218 C / 425 F.
- Divide the dough into two parts.
- On a floured surface, pat the dough into a round flat shape.
- Transfer the dough to a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Poke holes or make patterns on the surface. Sprinkle nigella seeds and spray with water.
- Leave to bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Slice like a pizza and serve.
Serve with hot green tea.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.