Things to know about Tater Tots Recipe
Tator tots are traditionally deep-fried potatoes. It was invented in 1953 by the American company Ore-LDA. Potatoes are grated into small cylinders and are deep-fried. These are served as snacks with ketchup. Tator tots are very tasty but deep frying makes them inappropriate for health-conscious patients suffering from chronic diseases like obesity, diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, etc. However, tator tots can be made healthy by baking them instead of deep frying them.
Delicious American Traditional Deep Fried Potato Balls. Authentic Recipe of Tater Tots.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 1000 grams (2.2 lb) Potato Medium
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- 1 tsp Kitchen Salt – Cooking Salt – Kosher Salt – Rock Salt – Flake Salt – Kashering Salt
- 1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 cups Canola Oil
- Rinse the potatoes and peal them.
- In a pot, add water and bring it to a boil.
- Once water starts to boil, add the potatoes and cook until tender.
- Once cooked, grate them and squeeze out all the liquid.
- Add all dry ingredients to the potatoes and mix them.
- Make small cylindrical shapes out of the potatoes.
- Heat oil to 300 °F (149°C) place them in oil and fry for 15 seconds on each side.
- Place them on paper towel.
- Serve on a plate.
- Do not overheat oil as well as do not fully boil them.
- It can also be baked at 400°F (200°C).
It is served with Ketchup.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.