Mac and Cheese is a famous dish all over America. It is also known as comfort food because of its simple ingredients.
Things to know about Mac and Cheese Recipe
North American Traditional Macaroni Pie from Virginia – Mac and Cheese is a comfort dish from the 14th century. It became an American staple because of its rich cheesy flavor and texture.
All people from different age groups enjoy this meal. National Mac and Cheese Day has also been celebrated on July 14th in Canada and Great Britain as well. It mainly consists of 4 ingredients.
Delicious American Traditional Macaroni Pie from Virginia. Authentic Recipe of Mac and Cheese.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 8 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 120 grams (4.23 oz) Panko Breadcrumb
- 3 tbsp Butter Melted, for the breadcrumbs
- 700 grams (1.54 lb) Cheddar Cheese Sharp, grated
- 400 grams (14.11 oz) Elbow Macaroni
- 800 ml (27.05 floz) Whole Milk / Full-Fat Milk / Full-Cream Milk
- 3 tbsp All Purpose Flour – Plain Flour
- 1½ tsp Mustard Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Ground Black Pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a bowl mix panko breadcrumbs with melted butter.
- In a large pot bring water to a boil. Pour in elbow macaroni and cook. Drain but not rinse and put back into the pot.
- In a saucepan, heat milk until bubbles is formed. Remove from the heat.
- In a pan add flour and butter and mix it well. Once it starts to brown, gradually add warm milk. Add dry mustard, salt, and pepper. Then include grated cheese and let it form into a sauce.
- Add the sauce into macaroni and mix well.
- Scrape the macaroni into a baking dish and sprinkle breadcrumbs on top.
- Bake it for about 30 minutes or until the crumbs are golden brown.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Cooking tip for making Mac and Cheese
- Do not overcook pasta.
- Grease the baking dish with butter.
- Add salt to the pasta while boiling.
Variations of Mac and Cheese
A variety of vegetables and meat can be added to make it taste more delicious.
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?