Things to know about Tandir Bread Recipe
In Azerbaijan, bread is always on the table. It is a staple in almost all types of foods. You can eat it with stews, cheese, herbs, and simple butter or milk. Azeri people consider it sacred, and a feeling of respect is attached to it. There are many varieties of bread, but Tandi is the most favored and undeniably delicious of all. It is specially served at celebrations, weddings, and parties. Traditionally, it was baked in large clay ovens. Freshly baked Tandir bread is aromatic, soft, and fluffy. With this recipe, you can bake it in your kitchen oven. Egg yolk is used to glaze the bread, but if you don’t prefer using egg, you can use yogurt as an alternative.
Delicious Azerbaijani Traditional Oven Baked Bread. Authentic Recipe of Tandir Bread.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 1 packet Dry Yeast
- 1/2 cup Water Warm (For the yeast)
- 1 cup Water Warm
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3 cup Flour
- 1 pc Egg
- 1 tsp Nigella Seeds – Black Cumin – Kalojeera – Kalonji -Kalanji
- In a small bowl, bloom the yeast with water. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt.
- Add in the bloomed yeast. Slowly add the water while mixing with your hand.
- Fold and turn the dough. Knead for 10 minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Shape the dough into a ball, place in a clean bowl and cover with a kitchen towel.
- Let the dough rest to rise for about 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 400F (200C).
- On a floured surface, using a rolling pin, shape and stretch the dough to a long flatbread.
- The bread should be about 14 inches (35 cm) and half an inch thick.
- Transfer the shaped dough into a greased baking pan.
- Using a knife, make crosshatching slashes on the dough.
- Brush the dough with egg yolk and sprinkle with nigella seeds.
- Place in the middle rack of the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Ready to serve!
Serve with white cheese bread, meat stew, or cherry jam.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.