Things to know about Yarpaq Dolmasi Recipe
Azerbaijani Yarpaq dolmasi originated from a Turkish recipe. Fresh grape leaves are stuffed with lamb meat, rice, and herbs. It’s probably the most delicious type of dolma, you can easily identify Azeri dolma because of its tiny bite-size servings. Rooted deep in Azeri culture, stuffed grape leaves can be found on every table in Azerbaijan at home gatherings, or weddings.
My Grandmother’s Azerbaijani Traditional Stuffed Grape Leaves. Authentic Recipe of Yarpaq Dolmasi.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 500 grams (1.1 lb) Ground (Minced) Lamb
- ½ cup Rice Medium grain
- 1 pc Onion Medium
- ½ cup Cilantro Chopped
- ½ cup Fresh Mint Chopped
- ½ cup Dill Chopped
- 1 tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 100 pcs Grape Leaf Small
- 4 tbsp Ghee or clarified butter
- ½ cup Yogurt
- 3 cloves Garlic
- Take a large bowl, add meat, rice, onion, cilantro, mint, dill, salt and black pepper.
- Mix well and set aside.
- Take a medium saucepan, boil water with salt.
- Blanch grape leaves for about a minute.
- Remove leaves from water and drain with the help of slotted spoon.
- Cut of stem from each leaf.
- Take one grape leaf on the palm, the shiny side toward the palm.
- Take 1 teaspoon of the filling and put it at the center of the leaf.
- Start rolling from the top towards stuffing.
- Roll from all side, it will form a small bundle.
- Line some leaves at the base of another pan.
- Arrange these bundles rolled side down, overlined leaves, in layers.
- Brush some butter on them.
- Pour in water until half of the sauce pan.
- Press dolmas with a lid to keep them tight and avoid spilling.
- Bring the water to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Mix the yogurt with ground garlic.
If the water evaporates before the leaves are tender, add a little more water. If your dolma is damaged during stuffing, patch with an extra leaf or it will spill out.
Serve with Garlic yogurt sauce, bread, or plain yogurt.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.