Things to know about Beans on Toast Recipe
The quickest and easiest dish from English cuisine yet the most iconic is beans on toast. This classic recipe for beans in tomato sauce served on toast is an odd breakfast choice yet it is delicious. Beans on Toast is an iconic combination across the UK, often served with a full English breakfast or on its own. This dish is perfect for children and a great hearty dish to start the day. The history of baked beans remains a mystery however is known to be created in 1927 by Heinz (the top-selling baked beans company). Baked beans are traditionally made with navy beans also known as haricot which are small, white beans stewed in a thick, savory tomato sauce.
Delicious British Traditional Beans in Tomato Sauce Served with Toast from England. Authentic Recipe of Beans on Toast.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 1 can Canned Baked Bean
- 4 pcs Plain White Bread
- 25 grams (0.88 oz) Butter
- In a small saucepan, pour in the baked beans can and place over medium heat, using a wooden spoon to stir, cook for 10 minutes until gently bubbling but not sticking to the pan.
- Whilst your beans cook, put your slices of bread in the toaster until they are perfectly toasted to your liking.
- Spread the butter on the toast and cut the toast diagonally in half and place two pieces on per plate.
- To assemble, equally spoon the hot beans on top of the buttered toast.
- Use vegan butter to make this recipe Vegan.
- Use gluten-free toast to make this recipe gluten-free
Option to serve it with a Full English fry-up breakfast.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.