Things to know about Bubble and Squeak Recipe
Bubble and squeak is the most delicious and easy way to use leftover vegetables. Perfect for a quick lunch or dinner, this recipe is the traditional re-fried mixed vegetables from England. Bubble and squeak is an English dish made by mixing and refrying cooked vegetables. Commonly eaten on the day after Christmas or the day after a Roast Dinner. After trying this, you’ll start making extra vegetables, so you have plenty of leftovers to make this recipe. The dish dates back to the 18th Century which originally included meat. However, it adapted over time and the principal ingredient is potato which holds the mix together. There are no strict rules as to what other vegetables are used however cabbage and brussels sprouts are the most common. The name comes from its bubbling and squeaking noise made whilst it’s being heated.
Delicious British Traditional Fried Mixed Vegetables from England. Authentic Recipe of Bubble and Squeak.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 1 pc Onion
- 500 grams (1.1 lb) Potato Cooked and mashed
- 200 grams (7.05 oz) Brussels Sprout Cooked and cut in half
- 200 grams (7.05 oz) Cabbage Cooked and sliced
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Peel and dice the onion.
- In a large, shallow pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Once hot, add the onion and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the brussels sprouts and cabbage to the pan to heat through for 5 minutes.
- Next, add the potato and use a wooden spoon to mix all the ingredients and ensure the mix covers the base of the pan, similar to an omelet. Use the wooden spoon to squash the vegetables together to compact them into a solid mass.
- Cook the mixture for 10 minutes, and allow it to catch the bottom of the pan to create a crispy base. Then flip the mix to get some color on the top side.
- Turn over onto a plate and cut into wedges to serve.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?