Perfect Pub grub salty snack is the scotch egg, made of hard-boiled egg coated in breaded sausage meat and deep fried to crispy, golden perfection!
Things to know about Scotch Egg Recipe
Treat yourself to an indulging crispy, deep-fried salty snack. The Scotch Egg is notorious for being the perfect English pub grub or picnic snack.
A Scotch Egg is a Traditional hard-boiled egg coated in breaded sausage meat and deep-fried to crispy, golden perfection.
Although it is named the Scotch Egg, the origins of this indulgent bite are known to be from the popular luxury department store in London: Fortnum and Masons. Created in 1738 as a meal for travelers heading west from Piccadilly.
Delicious British Traditional Hard Boiled Egg Coated in Breaded Sausage Meat Deep Fried from London. Authentic Recipe of Scotch Egg.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 6 pcs Egg Hard-boiled
- 350 grams (12.35 oz) Pork Sausage Casing removed
- 1 pc Egg For the coating
- 150 grams (5.29 oz) All Purpose Flour – Plain Flour
- 150 grams (5.29 oz) Breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 3 tbsp Oil
- Prepare the hard-boiled eggs by bringing a large saucepan up to a boiling point. Carefully drop in 6 eggs and leave to boil for 10 minutes.
- Once cooked, drain the water and run the eggs under a cold tap to fully cool. Then gently crack the shells and peel.
- In 4 separate bowls, put the sausage meat, the remaining egg, the flour, and the breadcrumbs. Add the salt and pepper with the breadcrumbs.
- Take 1/6th of the sausage meat and press it into an oval disc shape in your hand. Take a hard-boiled egg and wrap the meat around the egg, ensuring there are no holes. Repeat this with all the eggs.
- In a heavy, high-sided saucepan, add the oil over high heat.
- Take the meat-covered eggs and dip them in the flour, then in the egg then in the breadcrumbs. Coating in each layer well.
- Carefully place each egg into the hot oil, after a few minutes turn the eggs occasionally. Fry until fully Golden and crisp.
- Carefully remove from the oil, and leave to drain on a paper towel for 10 minutes before serving.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
What to serve with Scotch Egg?
It is delicious to serve the Scotch Egg with Mustard.
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?