Things to know about Yóu Zhá Wonton Recipe
The first wonton recipe in China is boiled, but the Chinese Traditional Fried Dumpling from Guangdong – Yóu zhá Wonton has become very popular in different parts of China. A crisp wrapper and a savory filling will give you a surprising flavor in every bite.
In Chinese, wonton means “to swallow clouds” because of its billowing cloud-like wrapper when it is boiled. Wonton has fewer fillings compared to Jiaozi because you will enjoy its crispy wrapper more than its filling. The filling is usually seafood or savory meat, and a rectangle wrapper is used to cover the filling. Its wrapper is colored yellow from the egg yolk. Chinese fried wonton is the best appetizer that you cannot stop eating once you bite one.
Crunchy Chinese Traditional Fried Dumpling from Guangdong. Authentic Recipe of Yóu Zhá Wonton.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 250 grams (8.82 oz) Ground (Minced) Pork You can also try chicken or turkey
- 100 grams (3.53 oz) Shrimp Chopped
- ½ tsp Soy Sauce or fish sauce
- ½ tsp Sesame Oil
- 3 dash Ground White Pepper Powder
- 1 pack Wonton Wrapper Store-bought
- Water for sealing
- Vegetable Oil For deep frying
- Prepare all ingredients ahead of time and make sure that everything is properly measured.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix all ingredients such as ground pork, shrimp, sesame oil, soy sauce, and white pepper.
- Mix all ingredients until well combine and form a sticky filling.
- Lay one piece of wonton wrapper on your palm and put ½ tablespoon of filling in the center. For beginners, you may put in 1 teaspoon of filling.
- Seal it with water and press the outer edges of the wrapper.
- Preheat the frying pan and put vegetable oil enough to deep fry the wonton. Once the oil is heated, fry the wonton until it reaches a golden brown color.
- You may use a paper towel to drain excess oil.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?