Things to know about Nuomici Recipe.
Chinese Traditional Rice Ball with Coconut from Guangdong – Nuomici is a famous pastry that is commonly rolled in desiccated coconut and is often filled with a sweet treat like fresh mango. Aside from Guangdong, this sweet treat is also very popular in Hong Kong.
It is close to the famous Japanese mocha, but its dough is made from boiled glutinous rice with a very soft texture. According to some food historians, it was first given to Zou Yinglong as a farewell gift for his journey for examination. Zou won the examination and went back to Peking together with a token from his hometown. The emperor was amazed by it, and it became very popular throughout China.
Today, it is still a great edible gift to relatives and friends during special occasions.
Sticky Chinese Traditional Rice Ball with Coconut from Guangdong. Authentic Recipe of Nuomici
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 1/2 cup Desiccated Coconut
- 50 grams (1.76 oz) Mango Mashed
- 150 grams (5.29 oz) Sticky Rice – Glutinous Rice – Sweet Rice – Waxy Rice
- 40 grams (1.41 oz) Icing Sugar – Powdered Sugar – Confectioners Sugar
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 250 mL (8.45 floz) Coconut Milk
- Prepare and measure all ingredients accurately ahead of time.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine water milled glutinous rice, powdered sugar, coconut milk, and vegetable oil. Stir well until sugar is melted. Cover with a plastic wrapper.
- Place the large bowl in a steamer with boiling water and steam it for about 20 minutes. It is important to stir it once during the cooking process.
- Once it becomes sticky, transfer it to a different bowl covered with a plastic wrapper.
- Knead the rice dough for 3 to 4 minutes using the plastic wrapper so it will not stick to your hand.
- Put the rice dough inside the fridge and let it rest until chilled.
- Divide the rice dough equally into the desired number of round balls.
- Press each ball to flatten and put a teaspoon of mango filling at the center and cover the filling.
- Roll each ball into the desiccated coconut and put each ball in a cupcake liner.
- You may serve it immediately or refrigerate it for at least 2 hours to enjoy it chilled.
- It is important to use water-milled glutinous rice. You may get it from an Asian store.
- The rice dough might be too sticky while still hot, so you may cool it down a bit before kneading.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.