Things to know about Yeung Chow Recipe
Chinese Traditional Rice Dish from Yangzhou – Yeung Chow is a colorful and perfect complete meal for the whole family. The dish is a staple food in Chinese homes and restaurants. The variety of ingredients made the recipe extra special. It consists of eggs, vegetables, meats, shrimp, scallion, Chinese ham, and rice. Traditional recipes may include additional ingredients like bamboo shoots, crab meat, and sea cucumbers.
Food historians believe that the recipe comes from General Yang Su of the Sui Dynasty. The dish was introduced to Emperor Yangdi of the Yangzhou culture. Before, it was considered peasant food because it is made of leftover rice and bits of meats and vegetables. The Yangzhou fried rice is best enjoyed right after the main course before the dessert is served during different Chinese celebrations. Today, this authentic Chinese dish already has lots of versions from other parts of the world.
Yummy Chinese Traditional Rice Dish from Yangzhou. Authentic Recipe of Yeung Chow.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 6 cups Rice
- 2 pcs Egg Large
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- ¼ cup Preserved Ham – Chinese Ham – Jinhua Ham Diced
- 10 pcs Shrimp No shell and deveined
- ½ cup Garden Peas – Sweet Peas – English Peas – Green Peas Canned or frozen
- ½ cup Carrot diced
- Salt To taste
- ¼ tsp Ground White Pepper Powder
- 1 tbsp Light Soy Sauce
- 2 pcs Spring Onion – Scallion – Green Onion Chopped
- Prepare and measure all ingredients accurately ahead of time.
- Devein and remove the shell of the shrimp and set it aside.
- Cut all vegetables according to ingredient notes.
- For frozen green peas, it is important to thaw them first at room temperature before cooking.
- You may choose to cook steamed rice or use leftover rice.
- It is good to separate grains by pressing the rice using a scooper. It is a crucial step, especially if the leftover rice is too sticky.
- Whisk two eggs in a small bowl and set aside.
- Use a wok or frying pan and heat the vegetable oil.
- Sauté the green peas and carrots until soft.
- Add the shrimp and sauté for 2 minutes or until it changes in color. Transfer it to a plate.
- Put the rice in the wok or frying pan, then press the rice and create a small well at the center.
- Put enough vegetable oil and pour the beaten eggs.
- Mix the egg, and rice, and add the vegetables, shrimp, light soy sauce, salt, and white pepper.
- Mix everything thoroughly and add the green onion and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Immediately serve the rice dish while it is hot.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?