Things to know about Chūnjuǎn Recipe
Chinese Traditional Spring Roll – Chūnjuǎn is a favorite snack because it is very easy to eat and flavorful. It is wrapped using a thin sheet of dough filled with different ingredients like vegetables and meat. It is deep-fried to golden perfection to achieve a crispier outside and juicier feeling on the inside.
Originally, in China, it is a spring dish that symbolizes the start of the Spring season. Also, it is used as a spring gift to relatives and friends to attract blessings. Spring dishes come from the Eastern Jin dynasty, and they evolved into spring cakes and later on to spring rolls that are very common in Chinese imperial menus.
Appetizing Chinese Traditional Spring Roll. Authentic Recipe of Chūnjuǎn.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 20 pcs Spring Roll Wrapper
- 1 cup Pork Shredded
- 1 cup Carrot Shredded
- 1 cup Napa Cabbage – Chinese Cabbage – Wombok Whit part, shredded
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 50 grams (1.76 oz) Bean Sprout
- Vegetable Oil For deep frying
Slurry for Sealing
- 1 tbsp Flour
- 1 tbsp Water
- ¼ tsp Ground White Pepper Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp White Sugar – Regular Sugar – Granulated Sugar
- ½ tsp Light Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Chinese Cooking Wine – Shaoxing Wine – Shaosing Wine
- 2 tsp Cornstarch
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- Prepare all ingredients ahead of time and make sure to weigh each one properly.
- Start by marinating the shredded pork using all ingredients from the list of sauce.
- Set it aside for about 15 minutes.
- Using a wok, heat the oil and shallow fry the marinated shredded pork until the pink flesh color disappeared.
- Transfer the pork and let it cool down to avoid overcooking the meat since it will be deep-fried later on.
- Combine all ingredients for the slurry and mix until it becomes slightly sticky.
- Use a large round plate and put the wrapper on top.
- Add the fillings (pork, carrots, Napa cabbage, and bean sprouts) about 3 cm (1.2 in) away from the corner facing you. Roll up and fold both sides of the wrapper.
- Using the slurry, wet the two sides and the opposite side.
- Continue to roll up the wrapper until it reaches the opposite side.
- Preheat the oil in a small pot or wok. Ensure that the oil is 160C (320F). You may test it by putting a small piece of the wrapper. When it floats and produces bubbles, it means that the oil is ready for deep frying.
- Carefully slide each spring roll into the oil and deep fry in small batches. The right appearance is light brown.
- Once all spring rolls are deep-fried, then do the second frying.
- Heat the oil again for 3 minutes more, put all spring rolls, and continue frying for 10 seconds or until they become golden brown.
- Drain the excess oil using a paper towel before serving.
Second frying is done for homemade spring rolls if you want to achieve a crispier and golden brown outside. The first frying is done in medium heat to cook all the filling. The second time frying at a high temperature is to ensure that everything is equally cooked from outside to inside.
You may serve it with any dip that you want, but commonly it is served with sweet and sour ketchup.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.