The Herring Potato Salad traditional Greek recipe is the perfect dish if you wish to follow the healthy Mediterranean diet way of living.
Delicious Greek Traditional Herring Potato Salad with Yoghurt. Authentic Recipe of “Rengosaláta Me Patátes ke Giaúrti”
Local Recipe Name with Local Characters: Ρεγγοσαλάτα με πατάτες και γιαούρτι
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
- 4 piece Herring
- 500 grm (1.1 lb) Potato
- 1 piece Apple
- 1 piece Onion
- ½ cup Greek Yougurt
- 4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Wine Vinegar
- Fresh Parsley
- Mustard Powder
- Soak the herrings into the milk for approximately 7 to 8 hours.
- Drain them, remove the skin and the bones. Cut them into small pieces.
- Wash the apple, cut it in four pieces, and remove the seeds.
- In boiling water, place the potatoes for about 20 minutes.
- In boiling water, place the apple pieces for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the peel of the potatoes and cut them into cubes.
- Cut the apple in cubes.
- Slice the onion and mix in the parsley, the yoghurt, the apple pieces and the dry mustard, adding all this to the herring and mix together with the vinegar and the extra virgin olive oil.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Calories: 333kcalCarbohydrates: 16gProtein: 25gFat: 18gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 76mgSodium: 122mgPotassium: 735mgFiber: 2gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 131IUVitamin C: 15mgCalcium: 97mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!