Things to know about Custard Recipe
English Homemade Custard is the original British sauce; a perfect accompaniment to pouring over winter desserts. Custard is a staple of British Cuisine. Custard is a mixture of sweetened milk cooked with egg yolk and vanilla to create a thick pouring sauce. Custard is very sensitive to cook as the eggs often curdled easily if the temperature is too high, therefore it requires careful attention when cooking. Custard dates back to the 14th Century when the English adapted the French custard cream which is commonly used in pastries, the English recipe creates a thinner custard which is used as a sweet sauce.
Delicious English Homemade Custard from Britain. Authentic Recipe of Custard.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 550 ml (18.6 floz) Milk
- 50 ml (1.69 floz) Double Cream
- 1 pc Vanilla Pod
- 4 pcs Egg Yolk
- 30 grams (1.06 oz) Caster Sugar – Superfine Sugar – Baker´s Sugar
- 2 tsp Corn Flour – Cornflour
- Whisk the egg yolks, sugar, and cornflour together into a bowl until well blended and set aside.
- Pour the milk and cream into a medium saucepan. Cut the vanilla pod lengthways and scrape the seeds into the saucepan along with the vanilla pod shell and bring the pan to a simmer slowly over low heat.
- Once simmering, remove the vanilla pod shell and pour the hot mixture onto the eggs and sugar, whisking all the time with a balloon whisk.
- Return the mix to the pan and using a wooden spoon, over low heat gently stir the mix until thickened.
- Pour the custard into a jug and serve at once or make a day in advance and keep refrigerated.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?