A mix of herbs with well-seasoned lamb. This Tignití Keftedes Apo Arni recipe is packed with bold flavors that make you fall in love with the lamb.
Things to know about Tignití Keftedes Apo Arni Recipe
A flavorful mix of traditional Greek herbs with well-seasoned lamb creates these marvelous Greek Meatballs. This simple recipe is packed with bold flavors that will make you fall in love with the lamb. Tignití Keftedes Apo Arni is a perfect appetizer for any dinner table.
Tignití Keftedes Apo Arni can be made from pork or beef. But lamb adds a whole new flavor to the combination of herbs and dips Tignití Keftedes Apo Arni is served with. These crispy Greek lamb meatballs are a staple in traditional Greek meze platters served as appetizers.
These meze platters are packed with many dishes and dips that can be eaten together or separately on their own. They are served before a big meal and are essential to Greek Cuisine. The whole table shares them and includes many popular Greek dishes and dips.
Crispy Greek Pan-Fried Lamb Meatballs. Authentic Recipe of Tignití Keftedes Apo Arni.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 1000 grams (2.2 lb) Ground (Minced) Lamb
- 1 pc Red Onion Large
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 2 tbsp Fresh Mint
- ½ tsp Ground Cumin Powder
- ½ tsp Ground Coriander Powder
- ½ cup Breadcrumbs
- 1 pc Egg
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Kefalotyri Cheese or Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 4 tbsp Flour
- 500 ml (16.91 floz) Olive Oil For frying
- 2 tbsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Ground Black Pepper
- Finely chop the onions and garlic or grate them. Chop your fresh mint.
- Place all your ingredients except flour in a bowl and mix. Squeeze the ground lamb with your hands so all the flavors are incorporated into the meat. Cover the mixture and let it rest in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- To create the traditional shape of Keftedes Arni grab a small amount of mixture and roll it in your palm to the size of a walnut. Coat the meatball in flour and shake the excess off. Set them aside for frying.
- Traditonal Greek lamb meatballs are fried in a good amount of oil.
- For frying the Greek lamb meatballs, you will need a large skillet with tall edges. Pour the oil into the pan to around 1.5 cm (0.6 in) in depth.
- Fry the meatballs in batches in a single layer. Turn them occasionally to ensure even cooking, they will take about 7 minutes to cook. When they are browned and crisp on all sides remove them with a slotted spoon to a plate with a paper towel. Kalíórexi! Enjoy your meal!
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Cooking tip for making Tignití Keftedes Apo Arni
- The traditional Greek meatballs are known for their crisp outside and juicy inside. You need to watch the oil to ensure you achieve this texture. Have the meatballs in one single layer, don’t overcrowd the pan. To keep the temperature of the oil constant, fry the Greek meatballs in batches. When you place the meatballs in the oil, and no bubbles are formed, the oil is not hot enough.
- If you have a robot coupe, you can buzz the onions and garlic there. You will get a better texture. Alternatively, you can grate them so you don’t have chunks of onion and garlic.
- If you don’t have breadcrumbs, you can use stale bread. You can chop it finely to add to the mix.
- To be hundred percent sure that your Greek meatballs are cooked, you can check their internal temperature when they are on the plate. If they are 145°F/62°C, they are safe to eat, and the meat is fully cooked.
- If you have leftover meatball mixture, you can make pasta sauce.
- You can cook these meatballs in various ways. If you preferer a healthier option, you can choose to oven-roast Keftedes Arni.
What to serve with Tignití Keftedes Apo Arni?
Serve Keftedes Arni with some warm pita and Tzatziki sauce. You can make a filling dish with these by serving them with rice or Greek Salad.
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?