Boiled Octopus is a traditional Greek dish that you can taste to the majority of the fish tavernas of the sunny Greek islands. Enjoy it!
Greek Traditional Boiled Octopus. Authentic Recipe of “Vrastó Htapódi”.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
- 1.5 kg (3.31 lb) Octopus
- ¾ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 Soupspoon Wine Vinegar
- 3 glove Garlic
- Ground Black Pepper
- Dried Oregano or Parsley
- Wash the octopus well and place it in a pan with no water.
- Allow cooking at a moderate heat in its own juices.
- Once the juices have been fully absorbed, add a little water if it hasn't been softened sufficiently.
- After it has softened (cooked), drain it and cut it into pieces.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients and add them to the octopus.