Delicious Greek Traditional Cod Croquettes. Authentic Recipe of “Bakaliáros Kroketákia”
Local Recipe Name with Local Characters: Μπακαλιάρος κροκετάκια
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
- 500 grams (1.1 lb) Cod Filleted
- 500 grams (1.1 lb) Potato Mashed
- ½ cup Milk
- 1 cup Cheese Grated
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 3 pieces Egg
- 300 grams (10.58 oz) Breadcrumbs
- Ground Black Pepper
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Ground Nutmeg
- Fresh Parsley Chopped
- Boil the potatoes.
- Cut and smush the fish into pieces, being careful to remove the fish bones, with a fork or cut it into pieces with a blender.
- Put the smushed cod into a frying pan together with the mashed potatoes, butter, milk, and pepper.
- Mix the ingredients over low heat for a short time until the mixture thickens, and then remove from the heat.
- Add one egg, oneegg yolk and the cheese into the mixture.
- Cover the mixtureand place it in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- Remove it from the refrigerator, form into croquettes and flour each one.
- In a separate bowl beat1 egg and one white of egg adding while adding a teaspoonful of the extra virgin olive oil, the nutmeg and the finely chopped parsley.
- Dip each croquette into this mixture, then roll each one in the breadcrumbs.
- Fry in very hot oil.
It is suggested to serve the cod croquettes hot, with traditional greek garlic sauce (skordaliá), garnished with sprigs of parsley and slices of lemon.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Calories: 87kcalCarbohydrates: 10gProtein: 6gFat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 112mgPotassium: 168mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 64IUVitamin C: 3mgCalcium: 55mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!