Delicious Greek Traditional Cod Fritters – Croquettes. Authentic Recipe of “Bakaliáros Kroketákia”
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 500 grams (1.1 lb) Cod Filleted
- 500 grams (1.1 lb) Potato Mashed
- ½ cup Milk
- 1 cup Cheese Grated
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 3 pieces Egg
- 300 grams (10.58 oz) Breadcrumbs
- Ground Black Pepper
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Ground Nutmeg Powder
- Fresh Parsley Chopped
- Boil the potatoes.
- Cut and smush the fish into pieces, being careful to remove the fish bones, with a fork or cut it into pieces with a blender.
- Put the smushed cod into a frying pan together with the mashed potatoes, butter, milk, and pepper.
- Mix the ingredients over low heat for a short time until the mixture thickens, and then remove from the heat.
- Add one egg, oneegg yolk and the cheese into the mixture.
- Cover the mixtureand place it in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- Remove it from the refrigerator, form into croquettes and flour each one.
- In a separate bowl beat1 egg and one white of egg adding while adding a teaspoonful of the extra virgin olive oil, the nutmeg and the finely chopped parsley.
- Dip each croquette into this mixture, then roll each one in the breadcrumbs.
- Fry in very hot oil.
It is suggested to serve the cod croquettes hot, with traditional greek garlic sauce (skordaliá), garnished with sprigs of parsley and slices of lemon.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.