Feta Pané Me Sousami Kai Méli perfectly balances sweet and salty. Fried feta covered in sesame and a drizzle of honey is a tasty snack for anyone.
Things to know about Feta Pané Me Sousami Kai Méli Recipe
Traditional Greek Feta pané me sousami kai méli is a great addition to any meze platter. This crispy feta dish comes from Cretan Cuisine. This cuisine is famous for its sweet and salty combinations and nutty flavors.
Traditionally feta pané me sousami kai méli is fried in a good amount of oil. But when making this at home, it is much healthier to just pan-fry the feta with enough oil to cover it.
Feta pané me sousami kai méli is a great starter during summer to serve with a leafy salad and some dry white wine.
Crispy Greek Traditional Fried Feta with Honey and Sesame Seeds from Crete. Authentic Recipe of Feta Pané Me Sousami Kai Méli.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 250 grams (8.82 oz) Feta Cheese
- 2 pcs Egg
- 1 tsp Paprika Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 70-80 grams (2.47 oz) Flour
- 60 grams (2.12 oz) Sesame Seed
- 180 ml (6.09 floz) Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 tbsp Honey
- Cut the feta cheese into small bricks, approximately 1.5 cm (0.6 in) thick.
- Have three bowls out. In the first bowl, crack and beat the egg. In the second bowl, mix flour and spices. In the third bowl, put the sesame seeds.
- Starting with the eggs dip each feta into three bowls. Make sure all sides are covered with egg, flour mixture, and sesame.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet with high edges. Fry each side of the feta until it is golden brown. Use a slotted spoon to remove the feta and place it on a plate with a paper towel.
- While the towel is absorbing the oil heat up the honey in the microwave or stovetop.
- Serve feta pané me sousami kai méli with a drizzle of honey. Kalí órexi! Enjoy your meal!
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Cooking tip for making Feta Pané Me Sousami Kai Méli
Make sure the oil is not too hot; otherwise, the sesame will burn.
What to serve with Feta Pané Me Sousami Kai Méli?
Serve “fetapané me sousami kai méli” with white wine or as a part of a meze platter.
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?