This Greek Traditional Fried Mussels mezé recipe will bring you back the memories of the endless Greek summertime. Its local name is “Mídia Tiganitá” and is one of the authentic Greek appetizers of the Greek fishermen.
Delicious Greek Traditional Fried Mussels Mezé. Authentic Recipe of “Mídia Tiganitá”
Local Recipe Name with Local Characters: Μύδια τηγανιτά
This Greek TraditionalFried Mussels recipe will bringing you back the memories of the endless Greek summertime. Its local name is “Mídia Tiganitá” and is one of the authentic Greek mezze and appetizers of the Greek fishermen.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
- 1500 grams (3.31 lb) Mussel
- ¾ cup Milk
- 1 Egg Beaten
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup Flour
- Ground Black Pepper
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil For Frying the Mussels
- Wash the mussels very well and open them with a sharp knife.
- Remove the contents of the shell and wash them again.
- Drain well.
- Mix the egg, the milk the spoonful of extra virgin olive oil the salt and the pepper in a bowl.
- Add the flour and beat well until it gets smooth.
- Allow the batter tostand for 1 hour.
- Put a generous amount of the extra virgin olive oil into a frying pan and heat well.
- Dip the mussels one by one into the batter and drop in the hot oil to fry.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Calories: 141kcalCarbohydrates: 13gProtein: 12gFat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 233mgPotassium: 288mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 176IUVitamin C: 6mgCalcium: 45mgIron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!