The Herring Potato Salad traditional Greek recipe is the perfect dish if you wish to follow the healthy Mediterranean diet way of living.
Delicious Greek Traditional Herring Potato Salad. Authentic Recipe of “Rengosaláta Me Patátes”
Local Recipe Name with Local Characters: Ρεγγοσαλάτα με πατάτες
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
- 4 piece Herring
- 500 grm (1.1 lb) Potato
- 1 piece Onion
- 4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Wine Vinegar
- 1 piece Green Bell Pepper
- Fresh Parsley
- Soak the herrings ιn the milk for approximately 7 to 8 hours.
- Drain them, remove the skin and the bones. Cut them into small pieces.
- In boiling water, place the potatoes for about 20 minutes and later remove the peel and cut them into cubes.
- Slice the onion and pepper, mix in the parsley and add all this to the herring and mix together with the vinegar and the extra virgin olive oil.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Calories: 317kcalCarbohydrates: 13gProtein: 24gFat: 18gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 75mgSodium: 118mgPotassium: 720mgFiber: 2gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 173IUVitamin C: 26mgCalcium: 84mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!