My grandmother used to make this recipe for me when I was visiting here at the village. I share with you this wonderful recipe of Octopus in Wine. “Kalí óreksi”.
Delicious Greek Traditional Octopus in Wine. Authentic Recipe of “Htapódi Krasáto”.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
- 2000 grams (4.41 lb) Octopus
- 1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups Dry Red Wine
- 2 Bay Leaf
- Ground Black Pepper
- Clean the octopusand cut it into very small pieces.
- Place all the piecesin a pan with the extra virgin olive oil and boil until the oil has been absorbed.
- Continue to cook on a low heat.
- Add the pepper, the wine, the bay leaves and cook till the octopus is tender and the sauce has thickened.