My grandmother used to make this recipe for me when I was visiting here at the village. I share with you this wonderful recipe of Octopus in Wine. “Kalí óreksi”.
Delicious Greek Traditional Octopus in Wine. Authentic Recipe of “Htapódi Krasáto”.
Local Recipe Name with Local Characters: Χταπόδι κρασάτο
My grandmother used to make this recipe to me when I was visiting her at the village. I share with you this wonderful recipe of Octopus in Wine. “Kalí óreksi”.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
- 2000 grams (4.41 lb) Octopus
- 1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups Dry Red Wine
- 2 Bay Leaf
- Ground Black Pepper
- Clean the octopusand cut it into very small pieces.
- Place all the piecesin a pan with the extra virgin olive oil and boil until the oil has been absorbed.
- Continue to cook on a low heat.
- Add the pepper, the wine, the bay leaves and cook till the octopus is tender and the sauce has thickened.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Calories: 282kcalCarbohydrates: 4gProtein: 21gFat: 17gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 69mgSodium: 329mgPotassium: 500mgFiber: 1gVitamin A: 215IUVitamin C: 7mgCalcium: 76mgIron: 8mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!