Things to know about Tzatziki Recipe
This refreshing tzatziki dip is loved around the world for its simple yet bold combination of yogurt, cucumber, garlic, vinegar, and olive oil. Many international tzatziki recipes call for dill or mints. But the authentic Greek tzatziki sauce does not include these two ingredients. Traditional tzatziki should be made with thick and creamy Greek yogurt with a good amount of garlic. Traditional tzatziki Greek yogurt is made out of sheep or goat’s milk giving it its popular creamy texture. The texture of the yogurt and the amount of garlic makes this recipe what it is.
Refreshing Greek Yogurt with Cucumber and Garlic Dip. Authentic Recipe of Tzatziki.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 1 pc Cucumber
- 2 cloves Garlic
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 500 grams (1.1 lb) Greek Yougurt
- 1-2 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- Start peeling the cucumbers and remove their seeds. Grate the cucumbers in a bowl and season them with salt and pepper. Leave them for 10 minutes.
- Grate the garlic.
- After 10 minutes, squeeze the excess water from the cucumbers with a towel.
- In a bowl combine cucumber, grated garlic, red wine vinegar, and a pinch of salt.
- Drizzle some olive oil on top of the tzatziki before serving cold. Kalí órexi! Enjoy your meal!
- The garlic for this traditional tzatziki should be grated and not minced by a knife. This way you can ensure the garlic is distributed evenly in the dip.
- Feel free to add any other herb you like to this recipe. This is the basic traditional version of tzatziki. But you can always add some fresh parsley or dill to tzatziki.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?