Things to know about Somloi Galuska Recipe
“Somloi Galuska” is a very famous dessert in Hungary; it’s a well-known plate, called the “sponge cake,” traditionally always served in the same way as ice cream, with three scoops of the cake placed in an ice cream cup. You can find this dish in every restaurant and pastry bar in Budapest. It can be an everyday dessert after a delicious meal, very light, made out of walnuts, chocolate, rum extract, whipped cream, and other tasty ingredients. This dessert was invented in the late 50s by a head waiter (Károly Gollerits) at Budapest’s very famous Gundel Restaurant. However, the exact location of where the recipe was found is unknown.
Yummy Hungarian Chocolate Trifle Dessert. Traditional Recipe of Somloi Galuska.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 5 pcs Egg
- 5 tbsp Pastry Flour – Fine Flour
- 5 tbsp Icing Sugar – Powdered Sugar – Confectioners Sugar
- 1 tsp Cocoa Powder Unsweetened
- 1 pinch Salt
- 3 pcs Egg Yolk
- 3 tbsp White Sugar – Regular Sugar – Granulated Sugar
- 1 pc Vanilla Pod Scrape the seeds
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 2 cups Milk
- 200 grams (7.05 oz) White Sugar – Regular Sugar – Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- ½ cup Rum
- 100 grams (3.53 oz) Walnut Ground
- 1 handful Raisin
- 100 grams (3.53 oz) White Sugar – Regular Sugar – Granulated Sugar
- 100 grams (3.53 oz) Butter
- 3 tbsp Cocoa Powder Unsweetened
- 2 tsp Milk Cold
- First, separate the eggs, then beat the egg whites with some salt into a hard foam.
- In a bowl, combine egg yolks, powdered sugar, and flour.
- Gently fold the egg yolk mixture into your egg whites using a rubber spatula.
- Divide the batter into two. Add the cocoa powder to the other half of the mixture.
- Transfer the batter to separate baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Preheat the oven to 180°F/ 82°C. Bake them for 10-15 minutes.
- Grab a small mixing bowl and mix all the ingredients until smooth.
- In a small saucepan, add the sugar and water, and heat until sugar is fully dissolved. Add in the rum extract while stirring.
- Take off from the heat and wait until it cools down completely.
- Once the vanilla cream is ready and smooth, grab the sponge cakes that are halved and cooled down. First, sprinkle it with some sugar syrup, smear with vanilla cream and sprinkle with some walnuts and raisins. Repeat this process for each cake layer; if some of the walnuts and cream shave left in the end, place some on the top of the cake too.
- Let it chill for 3-4 hours.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter and sugar over heat, then add some cocoa powder and cold milk as well. Take out the cake from the fridge and pour the chocolate sauce on the cake.
Once the dessert cake is ready, place three scoops of it in an ice cream cup and glaze the top with some whipped cream.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.