Things to know about Hagyomanyos Magyar Langos Recipe
“Lángos” is a tasty fried Hungarian bread that is best enjoyed warm. A trip to Hungary would not be complete without tasting their street food favorite – lángos (pronounce langosh). The classic “lángos” is brushed with garlic first, then topped with sour cream and cheese. It’s a Hungarian specialty made by deep-frying a basic dough. The dish’s name comes from the word ”láng”, meaning ”flame”, since it was initially baked near the flames of a brick oven, unlike today, when it is regularly deep-fried in oil. Nobody is sure where it originally comes from; some believe that lángos was created under Turkish influence, while others believe it comes from the ancient Romans.
Appetizing Hungarian Deep Fried Flat Bread. Authentic Recipe of Hagyomanyos Magyar Langos.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 300 grams (10.58 oz) Bread Flour
- 100 ml (3.38 floz) Milk Lukewarm
- 1500 ml (50.72 floz) Water Warm
- 25 grams (0.88 oz) Fresh Yeast
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Icing Sugar – Powdered Sugar – Confectioners Sugar
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 200 ml (6.76 floz) Sour Cream
- 200 grams (7.05 oz) Cheese
- 2000 ml (67.63 floz) Sunflower Oil
- In a bowl, combine milk, sugar, and yeast. Cover and set aside for 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour and salt. Make a well at the center and pour the yeast mixture. Add the water little by little until it forms into a soft dough.
- With a clean hand, gently touch the top of the dough, and if it doesn't stick to your hands, the texture is good.
- Divide the dough into pieces. Flatten each dough using your hands (by pulling) to about 5-6 cm (2.3 inches) diameter.
- In a deep pan, add oil and heat. Make sure that the oil is very hot before frying.
- Fry the dough for about 2-4 minutes.
- Once they're ready, brush them with some garlic oil (crush the garlic and mix it with some oil). Put some sour cream and grated cheese on the top and enjoy your Hungarian "lángos".
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?