Things to know about Magyar Hazi Kremes Recipe
This Hungarian pastry is famous all over Europe and exists in many forms. Nobody knows the exact origin of the recipe, but it became a traditional Hungarian pastry over the years. Some say the original recipe comes from 17th-century France, why it is sometimes called the French cream cake, while others claim it originates from Naples. It is similar to the mille-feuille, while English-speaking countries might know it as a vanilla or custard slice. This lovely dessert is known as ”krémes” in Hungary; it’s made up of two thin layers of puff pastry and one vanilla pastry cream layer. Hungarian eat this recipe at weddings too.
Creamy Hungarian Homemade Custard Slice. Traditional Recipe of Magyar Hazi Kremes.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 10 pcs Egg
- 1000 ml (33.81 floz) Water
- 500 ml (16.91 floz) Milk
- 4½ packs Custard Powder
- 300 grams (10.58 oz) Icing Sugar – Powdered Sugar – Confectioners Sugar
- 200 grams (7.05 oz) White Sugar – Regular Sugar – Granulated Sugar
- 1 pack Puff Pastry Dough
- Stretch the puff pastry dough thinly, cut it into two equal parts and bake light according to the package's instructions.
- In a small pan add a little bit of water for bain marie and bring to heat.
- Separate the egg yolk and egg whites.
- Make the meringue. Beat the egg whites over bain marie, and then add the powdered sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks. Set aside in the chiller.
- Mix the yolks with half of the sugar and milk. Create a thick cream with constant stirring. When done, set aside.
- Next, make the pudding. In a pot, combine the water, custard powder, and the other half of the sugar. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, pour the yolk mixture over the boiling water. Whisk it continuously and continue cooking on a medium flame until it thickens.
- Once it is thickened, remove it from the heat and set it aside.
- Now gently incorporate the meringue into the hot custardy mixture. Fold it with a spatula.
- Spread the cream on one sheet of puff pastry and put the other sheet on top like a sandwich.
- Leave it for 10 minutes to cool down, then cut it into bigger cubes and place it in the refrigerator.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?