Things to know about Turos Csusza Recipe
“Túrós Csusza” is a traditional Hungarian pasta dish, a very simple but fulfilling meal. This dish is like a Hungarian version of mac and cheese; it’s a dish that is served all over the country. A unique combination of warm pasta cooked with cottage cheese and mixed with hot, crisp bacon cubes. It’s usually served as a main course for lunch and can be served all year long.
Yummy Hungarian Traditional Cottage Cheese Pasta. Original Recipe of Turos Csusza.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 400 grams (14.11 oz) Cavatappi Corkscrew Pasta
- 350 grams (12.35 oz) Smoked Bacon
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1000 ml (33.81 floz) Water
- 450 grams (15.87 oz) Cottage Cheese
- 1 pinch Salt
- Dice the bacon into small pieces, place them in a pan and fry for a few minutes until golden brown.
- Grab a large pot, fill it with water, add some salt (to taste) and bring to a boil; once the water is boiling, add the pasta and cook it (follow the instructions on the package).
- When the pasta is done, strain using a colander.
- In a bowl, while the pasta is still hot, add the cheese, sour cream, salt, and bacon. Stir until well combined.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.