Things to know about Hagyomanyos Magyar Tojasleves Recipe
If you’re looking for a cheap and easy-to-cook dish, “tojásleves” is perfect for you. It’s a traditional Hungarian dish, a soup, that is very often served in households and hash houses all over the country in winter. The recipe itself is ancient, but sadly, the origin is unknown. It should not be confused with caraway seed soup, which may also contain beaten and poached eggs. This egg soup is also excellent for vegetarians; it has no meat inside, only eggs, water, ground paprika, and other ingredients that are for vegetarians.
Tasteful Hungarian Traditional Egg Soup. Authentic Recipe of Hagyomanyos Magyar Tojasleves.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 8 pcs Egg
- 4 tbsp All Purpose Flour – Plain Flour
- 2 tsp Smoked Sweet Paprika Powder
- 1 tbsp Sunflower Oil
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch Pepper Powder
- 1 pinch Ground Cumin Powder
- 1000 ml (33.81 floz) Water
- In a large pot, add sunflower oil, paprika, salt, and pepper. Bring to heat.
- Once the oil is warm, and the ingredients are starting to cook, fill the pan with water and stir for a few seconds using a wooden spatula.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk the eggs until smooth.
- Pour the beaten eggs into the pot, whisk them until smooth, then leave them to slowly cook on low heat for a few seconds (be careful not to boil). If you would like to have whole eggs cooked inside the soup, break more eggs carefully inside the soup and wait for them to cook (do not stir).
- Once the soup is ready, turn off the heat and season with salt and pepper, and serve.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?