Things to know about Rantott Sajt Recipe
The Hungarian kitchen is famous for having heavy, greasy, and fried dishes. This recipe is no different. “Rántott sajt” in English is fried cheese, a very simple but tasty dish. it’s also a kid’s and vegetarian’s favorite, crunchy on the outside and smooth on the inside. Fried cheese was first discovered in Cairo, Egypt. Since then, it has spread worldwide. It may have many other variations, but in Hungary, it’s usually served with some sweet sauces such as redcurrant sauce or raspberry sauce, it’s a perfect party or game night dish to have with friends and family since it requires only 20 minutes to cook and easy to serve. Still, it can also be cooked as a main dish for lunch and dinner, all year long. The slightly salted fried cheese blends perfectly together with the sweet sauce on the top.
Crunchy Hungarian Traditional Fried Cheese Recipe. Authentic Recipe of Rantott Sajt.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 500 grams (1.1 lb) Trappist Cheese
- 2 pcs Egg
- 5 tbsp Pastry Flour – Fine Flour
- 1 cup Breadcrumbs
- 500 ml (16.91 floz) Sunflower Oil
- 1 bottle Redcurrant Jam or Raspberry Jam
- Prepare three small mixing bowls; in the first bowl, beat the eggs and whisk them until smooth. For the second bowl, put some fine flour. And in the third bowl, put the breadcrumbs.
- Slice the Trappist cheese into big triangle slices.
- In a stainless steel skillet, add the oil and heat.
- Dip the cheese one by one into the eggs, then into the flour, and in the breadcrumbs.
- Deep fry the coated cheese in the heated oil until golden brown.
- Remove excess oil. Serve with redcurrant or raspberry jam on top.
Fried cheese can be served in many different ways, the traditional Hungarian fried cheese is usually served with some sweet jam on the top, but if you don’t like to mix salty with sweet flavors, you can use some mayonnaise instead. You can also serve it with rice as a side dish to this recipe.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.