Things to know about Aloo Paratha Recipe
As soon as the bell rings, indicating the beginning of lunchtime in Indian schools, kids take out their lunch boxes. In just a few minutes, the whole room is filled with the aroma of delicious and savory Indian foods. And Aloo Paratha is the most popular lunch box preparation. “Aloo” means potato, and Paratha is the unleavened fried flatbread that is a staple food in the South Asian region. The Indian potato-stuffed flatbread – Aloo Paratha is one of the beloved breakfast dishes in Indian households. Originating from Punjab, this crispy and lip-smacking dish is prepared by stuffing flatbread with a spicy filling of mashed potato. The people in North India prepare food with lots of love and are great at hospitality. They also prefer having spicy, hot, and freshly prepared food. Aloo Paratha is not only delicious but can be prepared in less time. Don’t be amazed when you are served Aloo Paratha with lots and lots of white butter in your breakfast in India. It’s a sign of affection and makes the Aloo Parathas taste delicious.
Delicious Indian Potato-Stuffed Flatbread From Punjab. Authentic Recipe of Aloo Paratha.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 4 pcs Potato Medium
- 2 pcs Green Chili Chopped
- ½ tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Mango Powder
- 3 tsp Fresh Coriander Leaf Finely chopped
- Salt To taste
- Clarified Butter For roasting
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Water For kneading
- Wash the potatoes nicely and boil them in a pressure cooker. It will take around 4 whistles to cook the potatoes completely.
- Once potatoes are cooked, cool them, peel, and chop them into pieces. Take a potato masher, and then mash the potatoes well.
- Add green chilies, garam masala powder, dry mango powder, and salt as per taste. Mix the stuffing well and keep it aside.
- To prepare the dough, take the whole wheat flour in a bowl, and add a little oil and salt.
- Combine the mixture well and start adding water little by little to knead it into a soft and smooth dough.
- To make the Indian Potato-Stuffed Flatbread – Aloo Paratha, take a medium-sized ball from the dough and flatten it with a rolling pin. You can use some more flour to dust it while rolling it into a circle of 5 in (12.7 cm) in diameter.
- Get some potato stuffing and place it in the center of the rolled dough.
- Then, hold the edges and start pleating to bring them towards the center. Join the pleats together and press them at the center to cover the potato stuffing with the dough.
- Sprinkle some flour and roll it flat with the help of a rolling pin to form round and thin flatbreads. Make sure that you don't roll it too thin, otherwise, the stuffing may come out.
- Place the rolled flatbread on a hot pan and cook it from one side. Once it is partly cooked, flip it and apply some clarified butter on the cooked side.
- Flip it again and apply the clarified butter on the other side as well. You will see it turning crisp and golden brown.
- Once cooked properly, take it off the skillet, and serve hot. Your delicious Indian Potato-Stuffed Flatbread – Aloo Paratha is ready.
- Mashing the potatoes well and chopping the chilies fine will ensure that your parathas don’t break while rolling.
- If you don’t have dry mango powder, you can use lemon juice instead.
- You can also use oil instead of clarified butter for roasting.
- For a healthier option, you can adjust the amount of clarified butter and oil used.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?