Things to know about Banana Curry Recipe
The Indian Traditional Banana Curry is a unique broth famous in West Bengal. The curry composes of diced bananas and is flavored with coconut.
The signature dish of the state, Banana Curry is spicy yet sweet.
Banana curry has been mentioned in ancient texts. These include Chaitanya Charitamrita, a biography of a local saint.
The dish is cooked in states where Banana trees grow in abundance.
Banana curry is always served hot.
You can consume banana curry with steamed rice. Traditional bread, like “Naan”, is also eaten with this delicious curry.
Making the dish is a tedious job and quite time-consuming, but worth it. There are also non-vegetarian variants of the dish that include shrimps.
Banana Curry – Indian Traditional Banana Curry from West Bengal
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 1/3 cup Sunflower Oil
- 2 units Onion diced
- 1/2 cup Curry Powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp Ground Cumin Powder
- 4 tsp Turmeric Powder – Curcuma Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp White Sugar – Regular Sugar – Granulated Sugar
- 1 tbsp Fresh Ginger Root
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 4 tsp Curry Paste
- 8 units Garlic pressed
- 300 grams (10.58 oz) Tomato Sauce
- 2/3 cup Plain Yogurt
- 2 units Banana diced
- 3 units Tomato chopped
- 1/4 cup Coconut Flake
- Take a large saucepan and heat it on medium flame. Add sunflower oil.
- When the oil becomes hot, add onions. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add curry powder, cumin, turmeric, salt, sugar, ginger, chili powder, cinnamon, and black pepper. Cook for a minute.
- Add garlic, tomato sauce, and yogurt.
- Add the diced bananas, and let it simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and cook for another minute.
- Add coconut just before serving.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.