You can prepare the lip-smacking Misal Pav from Maharashtra at home. Read the full recipe to make authentic Misal Pav.
Things to know about Misal Pav Recipe
Have you ever tried lip-smacking spicy sprouts curry that gives a roller coaster ride of taste?
You should try Misal Pav, and you won’t regret it at all! The word Misal means spicy curry, and Pav means bread bun. It is one of the most popular dishes in Maharashtra. It originates from the city of Nashik, but everyone in Mumbai loves to eat it as street food.
The Indian Traditional Bean Curry With Bread Bun from Maharashtra – Misal Pav has a spicy curry of sprouts topped with tomatoes, onions, and lemon juice. This delicious curry tastes delicious with bread buns.
One can have this mouthwatering dish for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, as it could be a whole meal. For those who love spicy food, Misal Pav is a must-have.
Savory Indian Traditional Bean Curry with Bread Bun from Nashik in Maharashtra. Authentic Recipe of Misal Pav.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 2 cups Moth Bean Sprout
- 2 pcs Potato Medium, diced
- 1 pc Onion Medium, chopped
- 2 pcs Green Chili Chopped
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 10 pcs Curry Leaf
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Mustard Seed
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder – Curcuma Powder
- ½ tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1½ tsp Goda Masala Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin Powder
- 1½ tbsp Fresh Tamarind
- ½ cup Water
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 10 pcs Bread Bun
- ½ cup Onion Finely chopped
- ½ cup Tomato Finely chopped
- ½ cup Farsan – Savory Snack Mixture
- 1 pc Lemon
- ⅓ cup Fresh Coriander Chopped
- Wash the sprouted moth beans nicely with water and pour them into a pressure cooker.
- Add the potatoes, salt, and half of the turmeric powder. Pour water about 1/2 inch (1 cm) above the level of beans. Pressure cook the beans for three whistles.
- Meanwhile, soak the tamarind in warm water for 30 minutes. Squeeze the extract to prepare the pulp.
- Now heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds. Let them crackle. Then add cumin and mix for a few seconds.
- As the cumin turns golden, add chopped onions and sauté them nicely till they become golden brown.
- Add chilies, ginger-garlic paste, and curry leaves. Stir it till the aroma of raw ginger-garlic paste disappears.
- Next, add the other half of the turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, and Goda Masala powder.
- Mix it well and pour the tamarind pulp. Sauté again till the aroma of tamarind disappears.
- Now drain the excess water from the sprouts and add it to the pan. Stir it nicely.
- Add the water if you need it and then add salt. Mix it and let it cook on a low flame for 10 minutes.
- Garnish the curry with coriander.
- Now for serving the Misal Pav, pour it hot in a bowl. Add chopped onions, tomatoes, and coriander leaves, and squeeze a few drops of lemon juice.
- Your lip-smacking Indian Traditional Bean Curry With Bread Bun from Maharashtra – Misal Pav is ready. Top it with Indian Sev, or Farsan, and enjoy it with Bread Bun.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?