Things to know about Kota Kachori Recipe
The Indian Traditional Black Gram Bread or Kota Kachori is a spicy, deep-fried bread emerging from Kota, Rajasthan. The dish is not only popular in India but also common in places with the Indian diaspora. Besides, other countries from the Indian subcontinent also consume the dish. Kachori has many variations. These include Pyaaz Kachori, Mawa Kachori, and Upwas Kachori. Pyaaz Kachori is made with fried onions. Mawa Kachori is a type of dessert and Upwas Kachori is consumed by people who fast. Kachori is a side dish or a snack. The dish is always served hot. Typically curries are served along with the dish in which the Kachori is dipped.
Kota Kachori – Indian Traditional Black Gram Bread from Rajasthan
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 100 grams (3.53 oz) Black Gram
- 100 grams (3.53 oz) Chickpea Flour
- 12 units Clove
- 25 units Black Peppercorn
- 2 tsp Coriander Seed
- 2 tsp Fennel Seed
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Asafoetida
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 500 grams (1.1 lb) All Purpose Flour – Plain Flour
- Soak the lentils in water for some time.
- Take all the spices in a mortar pestle and grind them well.
- Boil water in a pan and add oil and salt.
- Now add the water in which the lentils were soaked.
- Add flour, red chili powder, and asafoetida.
- Also, add the ground spices.
- Set aside and let it cool.
- Now, take the all-purpose flour in a large bowl.
- Add a little water and oil to make a dough.
- Knead the dough well.
- Divide the filling that was made earlier into equal parts.
- Take a small piece of dough and flatten it with your palms and make a disc-like shape.
- Place the filling in the middle.
- Fold the edges and seal the top.
- Take a heavy bottom pan and add oil.
- When the oil gets hot, add the Kachoris.
- Flip and cook on the other side as well.
- Remove and serve.
Serve with sauces or curry. Often Tamarind Chutney which is a dip made with tamarind is served with the Kachori.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.