Things to know about Papad Recipe
The Indian Traditional Black Gram Bread or Papad is a fried bread of a dough made with black gram.
The word “Papad” is derived from the Sanskrit word “parpata”. “Parpata” means “flattened disk”. Papad has various regional names. The side dish is called “appalam” in Tamil Nadu, “happala” in Karnataka, and “pampada” in Odisha.
Punjabis and Gujaratis call the crunchy bread Papad.
Its region variations have different ingredients. In Karnataka, jackfruit is also used to make the dish.
Indian women popularly make the dish and sell it for individual or organized businesses. Papad is often served with main-course dishes like curries. Small dips or pickles like tamarind chutney can be served with Papad.
Papad – Indian Traditional Black Gram Bread from Rajasthan
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 3 units Black Gram Papad
- 1 unit Onion finely chopped
- 1 unit Tomato finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander Leaf
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin Powder roasted
- 1 tsp Chaat Masala Powder
- 1/2 tsp Oil
- Take a mixing bowl and add onions, tomatoes, red chili powder, chaat masala, cumin powder.
- Now, add lime juice and mix all the ingredients well.
- Take a pan on medium heat and add oil.
- Now, add one Papad.
- Fry until it becomes crispy.
- Remove the Papad using a tong.
- Spoon the Papad with the mixture made earlier.
- Sprinkle coriander leaves and serve immediately.
Serve with curry or dips.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.