Chicken Tikka is a spicy boneless chicken recipe popular across India. The dry dish is first marinated in yogurt and then grilled.
Things to know about Chicken Tikka Recipe
The Indian Traditional Boneless Chicken Pieces or Chicken Tikka is a dish made with bits of chicken that are marinated and grilled. The word “Tikka” literally means “bits” or “pieces” in Persian. The dish originated in India under the Mughal Empire. Apart from India, Chicken Tikka is also consumed in Bangladesh and Pakistan.
The dish can be called a boneless version of another famous dish, Tandoori Chicken.
Chicken Tikka is an important part of Punjabi Cuisine, Pathani Cuisine, and Kashmiri Cuisine.
A vegetarian variant of the dish includes cottage cheese pieces instead of chicken. It is called Paneer Tikka. Yet, another variant of the dish is called Chicken Tikka Sizzler. It is served on a very hot plate with onions.
Chicken Tikka – Indian Traditional Boneless Chicken Pieces from Punjab
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 1 ½ tbsp Gram Flour
- 500 grams (1.1 lb) Chicken boneless, cubed
- 2 1/2 cup Curd or Greek Yogurt
- ½ unit Green Bell Pepper
- ½ unit Red Bell Pepper
- 1 unit Onion Large
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1/8 tsp Pepper Powder
- 1/8 tsp Turmeric Powder – Curcuma Powder
- ½ tbsp Dried Fenugreek Leaf – Kasuri Methi
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- ½ tsp Ground Coriander Powder
- 2 tbsp Butter Unsalted
- 1 tsp Chaat Masala Powder
- Roast the gram flour on low heat. Cool it afterward.
- Take a bowl and add the gram flour, yogurt, ginger-garlic paste, red chili powder, pepper powder, turmeric, fenugreek leaves, Garam Masala, and coriander powder.
- Now, add lemon juice, salt, and oil.
- Add the chicken to the marinade. Cover and set it aside.
- Line a baking tray with foil and place a rack.
- Add the veggies to the marinade.
- Put the veggies and the chicken on the skewers, alternately.
- Preheat the oven at 240°C/464°F. Grill the chicken for 10-20 minutes.
- Brush the skewers with butter and serve.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Cooking tip for making Chicken Tikka
- If chicken thighs are used, increase the grilling time.
- Use Kashmiri red chili powder for a rich red color.
- Don’t add too much Garam Masala, or the chicken will become bitter. To make the recipe dairy-free, substitute curd with Greek Yogurt.
What to serve with Chicken Tikka?
Serve Chicken Tikka with sauces or dips called Chutney.
Variations of Chicken Tikka
A vegetarian variant of the dish includes cottage cheese pieces instead of chicken. It is called Paneer Tikka.
Yet, another variant of the dish is called Chicken Tikka Sizzler. It is served on a very hot plate with onions.
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?