Things to know about Butter Chicken Recipe
Butter Chicken is a perfect party recipe made with chicken marinated in a beautiful mix of spices and served with melting butter and cream. The recipe is made with equal enthusiasm throughout the country of India.
Butter Chicken has its origin in the Capital of Delhi. In the 1950s, the founder of the Moti Mahal Restaurant, Kundan Lal Jaggi, developed this dish. It was made accidentally when leftover Tandoori Chicken mixed with tomato gravy, butter, and cream was left overnight. Tandoori Chicken is a type of roasted chicken.
The dish is not only famous in India but is consumed worldwide. Though the dish does not require expert-level cooking, a little practice would help to perfect the recipe.
Mouthwatering Indian Traditional Butter Chicken from Delhi. Authentic Recipe of Butter Chicken.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 500 grams (1.1 lb) Chicken
- ¾ tbsp Lemon Juice
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Red Chili Powder
- ¾ tsp Dried Fenugreek Leaf – Kasuri Methi
- ⅛ tsp Turmeric Powder – Curcuma Powder
- ½ tsp Garam Masala
- ¾ tsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- ½ cup Greek Yougurt
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 pc Cinnamon Stick
- 2 pcs Green Cardamom Pod Seeds
- 2 pcs Clove
- 2 pcs Green Chili
- 4 pcs Tomato
- 16 pcs Cashew
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- ½ tsp Garam Masala
- ¼ tbsp White Sugar – Regular Sugar – Granulated Sugar
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 100 ml (3.38 floz) Cream Chilled
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander Leaf
- 1 cup Water
- Marinate the chicken along with lemon juice and chili powder for about 20 minutes.
- Marinate the chicken again with yogurt, fenugreek leaves, oil, turmeric, ginger-garlic paste, and Garam Masala Powder.
- Cover the chicken and put it in the refrigerator for at least 12 hours.
- Add cashews and tomato to a blender jar and make a puree.
- Grill the chicken on a stove.
- Add half of the butter and the marinade to a pan.
- Fry the chicken on high flame until the moisture evaporates.
- Now, heat a pan and add the remaining butter, sauté cinnamon, cloves, and cardamom.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and green chili and fry.
- Pour the puree into the pan.
- Now, add red chili powder, sugar, and salt.
- Cook the puree until it becomes thick.
- Pour a cup of water and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Simmer it for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken and simmer again for about 5 minutes.
- Add Garam Masala and fenugreek leaves.
- Stir the mixture and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Pour the chilled cream and remove it from the stove.
- Instead of curd, you can also use thick yogurt.
- If the size of the chicken is large, it will take longer to marinate.
- Do not add warm cream to the gravy.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?