Things to know about Peda Recipe
The Indian Traditional Caramel Spheres or Peda is a sweet dish prepared with Khoya and garnished with nuts like pistachios. The dessert has a beautiful caramel color.
The word “Peda” means a sphere of dough or Khoya. The dish originated in Mathura, Uttar Pradesh. From Uttar Pradesh, the dessert spread to different parts of the Indian subcontinent.
Peda was introduced to South India by Thakur Ram Ratan Singh. He migrated from Lucknow to Karnataka and introduced the recipe.
There are other regional variations of the dish. These include Kandi Peda, which is a variety from Maharashtra. The sweet can be distributed on festivals or occasions and can also be consumed after meals.
Peda – Indian Traditional Caramel Spheres from Uttar Pradesh
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 200 grams (7.05 oz) Khoya – Khoa – Mawa – Khuwa
- 1/2 cup White Sugar – Regular Sugar – Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cardamom Powder
- 3 tbsp Milk
- 4 units Pistachio thinly sliced
- Grate the Khoya. Add it to a pan on medium flame.
- Add sugar and cardamom powder.
- Add milk.
- Keep on stirring the mixture.
- Pour the mixture on a steel tray.
- Take small portions of the mixture and make small balls.
- Flatten the balls and garnish with pistachios.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.