Things to know about Kahwa Recipe
The Indian Traditional Cardamom Tea or Kahwa is a Kashmiri tea made with whole spices and almonds. The exotic drink is particularly suitable for cold regions as it is served hot. Though the exact origin of the drink is unknown, the drink is believed to have reached Kashmir from the Yarkand valley in Xinjiang, China. The word “Kahwa” means sweetened tea. In Kashmir, Kahwa is brewed and stored in a traditional copper kettle called “Samovar”. The drink makes an appearance at weddings, occasions, and even funerals. Milk can also be added to the drink, another variant called “Dodh Kahwa” or “Milk Kahwa” but it is usually served to the sick or elderly people.
Refreshing Indian Traditional Cardamom Tea from Kashmir. Authentic Recipe of Kahwa.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 2 thumb Cinnamon Stick
- 2 pcs Green Cardamom Pod Seeds
- 2 pcs Clove
- 5 pcs Almond Chopped
- 2 cups Water
- 2 tbsp White Sugar – Regular Sugar – Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Green Tea Leaf
- 12 pcs Saffron
- Keep all the ingredients ready.
- Crush cinnamon, cloves, chopped almonds (set aside some for garnish), and green cardamoms using a mortar and pestle.
- In a saucepan, add water and heat over medium fire.
- Add the spices and sugar. Bring it to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and add green tea leaves.
- Cover the pan with a lid and steep green leaves for about 3 minutes.
- Pour Kahwa into cups using a strainer.
- Add saffron strands and almonds.
- Serve the Kahwa.
- You can skip cloves and saffron.
- Do not steep the tea for a longer duration as it will become bitter.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?