Things to know about Kaju Katli Recipe
The Indian Traditional Cashew Slices or Kaju Katli is a classic dessert made with cashews. This classic dessert is found at cultural sweet shops called Halwais in India. The word “Kaju” means “cashews” and “Katli” means “slices”. Kaju Katli is similar to the famous dessert, Barfi.
The dish looks impressive to the eyes as there’s a silver coating on the cashew-based dessert. Often served at weddings and festivals, the dish makes an appearance on occasions.
Delicious Indian Traditional Cashew Slices from Delhi. Authentic Recipe of Kaju Katli.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 1 cup Cashew
- ½ cup White Sugar – Regular Sugar – Granulated Sugar
- ¼ cup Water
- ½ tsp Rose Water
- 1 tsp Clarified Butter
- Put the cashews in a grinder.
- In a pan, add sugar, water, and rose water. Bring over medium heat.
- Let the sugar melt and boil for 1 minute.
- Lower the heat and add powdered cashews.
- Add clarified butter.
- Keep stirring for 10 minutes on low heat.
- Transfer the dough to a sheet of parchment paper.
- Wait for 3-4 minutes to cool down the dough. Knead the dough with your hands to make it smooth.
- Place another sheet of parchment paper on top.
- Cut the dough into a diamond shape.
- Serve the Kaju Katli.
Powder the cashews finely. Cashew dough should not be sticky. Use plain cashews. Do not overcook or the mixture will dry out.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.