Things to know about Gobi Paratha Recipe
The Indian Traditional Cauliflower Bread or Gobi Paratha is a type of flatbread stuffed with cauliflower. The word “Paratha” is a Sanskrit word. “Gobi” means “cauliflower” in Hindi. There are mentions of bread in ancient texts. These include 12th-century Sanskrit encyclopedias. Paratha is always served hot, either for breakfast or for snacks. It can be cooked in Ghee/Clarified Butter or oil. The bread is consumed with pickles, curd, curries, omelet, or pulses. There are many variants of the dish. These include Aloo Paratha, Jaipuri Paratha, Gajar Paratha, and Makka Paratha. Aloo Paratha is stuffed with potatoes. Jaipuri Paratha is a variant that came from Jaipur. Gajar Paratha is stuffed with carrots while Makka Paratha is made with corn. Punjab is famous for preparing flatbread.
Gobi Paratha – Indian Traditional Cauliflower Bread from Punjab
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Oil
- 1 cup Cauliflower shredded
- 1/2 tsp Ground Coriander Powder
- 1/4 tsp Carom Seed – Ajwain
- 2 tbsp Cilantro chopped
- 1 unit Green Chili finely chopped
- Add flour, salt, and water to a mixing bowl.
- Knead the dough well and divide it into 4 equal parts.
- Take another bowl and add cauliflower, coriander powder, green chili, carom seeds, and cilantro. Mix everything well.
- Take a pan and heat it on medium flame. Add oil.
- Take a ball of dough and flatten it using a rolling pin.
- Place the cauliflower stuffing at the center.
- Take all the sides of the dough and pinch them together to seal the filling.
- Flatten again using the rolling pin.
- Transfer the Paratha to the pan.
- Cook on both sides.
- Remove and serve.
Gobi Paratha is served with pickles and curry.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.