Things to know about Gathiyan Recipe
The Traditional Chickpea Flour Snack from Gujarat – Gathiyan is a savory teatime snack that melts like butter in the mouth. Unlike other Indian snacks, Gathiyan is not always crunchy. It is similar to Sev but thicker and less crispy.
Originating from Gujarat, Gathiyan is widely famous across India as well as overseas. Its preparation involves deep frying a spicy mixture of gram flour. Gathiyan requires a Chakil Press for preparation. The difference between Sev and Gathiyan is that the latter utilizes mold with larger holes. However, you can change its shape and size as per your preference. You can easily prepare Gathiyan at home and can store them in an airtight container. It remains fresh and crispy for months if you fry it in a good quality oil. Hence, you can carry it with you in lunchboxes as an on-the-go snack.
Savory Indian Traditional Chickpea Flour Snack from Gujarat. Authentic Recipe of Gathiyan.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 2 cups Gram Flour
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder – Curcuma Powder
- ¼ tsp Carom Seed – Ajwain
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 pinch Asafoetida
- 2 tbsp Oil
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ cup Water
- Oil For frying
- Add the gram flour to a mixing bowl and add salt, chili powder, turmeric powder, carom seeds, and asafoetida.
- Combine it nicely and add the oil and baking soda. Mix again and add water.
- Blend the mixture into a soft and smooth dough. You can add some more oil to make sure that the dough is non-sticky.
- Next, grease the Chakli Press and attach the mold with large holes. Meanwhile, heat oil in a pan for frying the Gathiyan.
- Stuff the dough into it and press the Gathiyan into the pan while making circles.
- Fry it from one side and after a minute, turn it over. Cook the Gathiyan till they become golden brown.
- Take the Gathiyan out on a kitchen towel to drain the extra oil and let them sit for cooling.
- Once it cools down, break them into parts. Don't make them too small.
- The Traditional Chickpea Flour Snack from Gujarat – Gathiyan is ready to serve. You can store it in an airtight container for months. Enjoy!
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?