Things to know about Mirchi Bada Recipe
The Indian Traditional Chili Fritters or Kadhi is a spicy snack made with chili and potato stuffing. The delicious stuffing is then battered and fried. The dish is popular in Jodhpur in Rajasthan. This is because of the water in the region that lends its unique taste. The word “Mirchi” means “chili” in Hindi. The word “Bada” means “cutlet”. Mirchi Bada has other names as well. These include Mirchi Bhaje, Mirchi Bhajia, and Mirapakay Bajji. The snack is often served with green chutney which is a sauce made with cilantro and mint.
Crunchy Indian Traditional Chili Fritters from Rajasthan. Authentic Recipe of Mirchi Bada.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 250 grams (8.82 oz) Potato
- 1 pc Green Chili Chopped
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander Leaf Chopped
- ½ tsp Fennel Seed Crushed
- ½ tsp Ground Coriander Powder
- ½ tsp Mango Powder
- ¼ tsp Ground Cumin Powder
- ¼ tsp Red Chili Powder
- ¼ tsp Asafoetida
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 cup Gram Flour
- ½ cup Water
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- 250 grams (8.82 oz) Chili
- Rinse the chilies and slit each on one side with a knife.
- Boil potatoes in a cooker and peel them.
- Add green chili, coriander leaves, fennel seeds, coriander powder, mango powder, cumin powder, and red chili powder. Mix all the ingredients well.
- Stuff the mixture into the chilies.
- In a bowl, combine gram flour, asafoetida, and chili powder.
- Add in water and make a thick batter. Season with salt.
- Dip the chili in the batter.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium flame.
- Add the chili and fry until golden.
- Remove when they become crispy and serve.
Do not overstuff the chilies or they will crack open while frying. You can add rice flour to make the batter crispier.
Serve the Mirchi Bada with Green Chutney which is a sauce made with mint and cilantro.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.