Things to know about Nariyal Chutney Recipe
The one dish that you will find on every South Indian platter is the Nariyal Chutney. Whether you’re having Idli or Dosa, your meal is incomplete without this tasty condiment.
The Indian Traditional Coconut Condiment from Karnataka – Nariyal Chutney is very famous across the country. It has a rich and creamy taste that complements South Indian food. Nariyal means coconut, and the meaning of Chutney is a condiment. The preparation of Nariyal Chutney involves blending coconut and other ingredients such as coriander, salt, and tamarind into a smooth paste. A tempering of mustard seeds and chilis seasons the Chutney and enhances the flavors. Nariyal Chutney originates from South India. But, people prepare its variations all across the country. Whether it’s a North Indian Snack or a Maharashtrian Spicy Rice, coconut chutney goes well with everything. If you have fresh coconut at your home, you can prepare Nariyal Chutney out of it and store it in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
Delicious Indian Traditional Coconut Condiment from Karnataka. Authentic Recipe of Nariyal Chutney.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 1 cup Fresh Coconut – Young Coconut Grated
- 3 units Green Chili
- ½ tbsp Salt
- ½ cup Water
- 1 tbsp Fresh Tamarind
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard Seed
- ½ tsp Split Black Gram – Frijol – Vigna Mungo – Urad Bean – Ulundu Paruppu – Minapa Pappu
- 2 units Dried Kashmiri Red Chili Pepper
- 5 units Curry Leaf
- Combine coconut, green chili, salt, and tamarind in a blender. Grind the mixture into a smooth paste. You can add more water to adjust the condiment's consistency.
- Now heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds. Let the seeds crackle and add dried red chili, split black gram, and curry leaves. Allow the mixture to splutter.
- Pour the tempering into the coconut paste and mix it well. Your Indian Traditional Coconut Condiment from Karnataka – Nariyal Chutney is ready. Enjoy it with hot Idli.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?