Things to know about Rabri Recipe
“Food is not just eating energy. It’s an experience.”
It is not very common to find a dish that provides a blissful experience. Talking about the sweet treats and delightful delicacies, have you ever tried delicious Rabri?
The Indian Traditional Condensed Milk Based Dessert from Uttar Pradesh – Rabri originates from the state of Uttar Pradesh. Prepared by boiling milk on low heat for a long time, Rabri is a treat for you if you have a sweet tooth.
Rabri is said to have its origin in the Indian city of Mathura. However, the art of preparing Rabri attained perfection in the city of Varanasi, India. It is usually made in a thick bottom pan so that the milk doesn’t burn. While the milk boils on low heat, the layers of cream collect on the side. The flavor of cardamom, pistachio, and almonds enhances the taste of this mouthwatering dessert. The Indian Traditional Condensed Milk Based Dessert from Uttar Pradesh – Rabri is served warm or chilled. It tastes heavenly in both ways.
Yummy Indian Traditional Condensed Milk Based Dessert from Uttar Pradesh. Authentic Recipe of Rabri.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 5 cups Whole Milk / Full-Fat Milk / Full-Cream Milk
- 3 tbsp White Sugar – Regular Sugar – Granulated Sugar
- 5 pcs Cardamom
- ½ tsp Ground Cardamom Powder
- 15 Strands Saffron
- 1 tsp Rose Water Optional
- 2 tbsp Almond Sliced
- 2 tbsp Pistachio Sliced
- In a thick bottom pot, add milk and heat it over a low fire.
- After a while, you will see that the cream will start to deposit on the top. Now take a spatula and gently move the layer of cream to the side. You have to stick the cream to the pan.
- Keep the heat low and continue collecting the layers of cream on the side.
- Meanwhile, take the almonds and pistachios and soak them in water for 30 minutes.
- Once the milk reduces to half, add sugar and saffron strands along with cardamom powder. Mix well.
- Continue collecting the layers of cream while stirring the milk gently to avoid burning.
- Reduce the milk to 1/4 of its original quantity, and then turn off the flame.
- Scrape off the cream layers from the side of the pan and mix it with the reduced milk. Stir lightly.
- Add sliced almonds and pistachio along with the rose water.
- Your Rabri is ready. You can either serve it hot or chill it first and then enjoy.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?