Preparing authentic Palak Paneer at home is so easy. Read the recipe to make Indian Cottage Cheese Cubes In Spinach Sauce – Palak Paneer.
Things to know about Palak Paneer Recipe
Rich green color, smooth and creamy gravy, and a lip-smacking savory taste; There is no other dish like the Indian Traditional Cottage Cheese Cubes In Spinach Sauce from Punjab – Palak Paneer.
‘Palak’ means spinach, and ‘Paneer’ means cottage cheese. The dish is a savory stew that consists of golden fried cottage cheese in a thick and smooth gravy made of spinach puree. Originating from the North Indian Region, this dish is an authentic Indian preparation.
While traveling in India, you may find several small roadside cafes called ‘Dhabas.’ These places offer the most delicious traditional Indian dishes. Dhabas serves freshly prepared and mouthwatering keywords along with rice and flatbread. One can never imagine if a dish made by blanching spinach could taste so delicious.
Yummy Indian Traditional Cottage Cheese Cubes In Spinach Sauce from Punjab. Authentic Recipe of Palak Paneer.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 250 grams (8.82 oz) Spinach Roughly chopped
- 2 pcs Green Chili
- 2 cloves Garlic Medium
- 1 inch Fresh Ginger Root Chopped
- 3 cup Water Hot – for blanching
- 3 cup Water Cold – for Ice bath
- 250 grams (8.82 oz) Cottage Cheese Cubes
- 2 tbsp Oil
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 pc Bay Leaf
- 1 pc Onion Medium, finely chopped
- 5 cloves Garlic Medium
- 1 pc Tomato Medium, chopped
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder – Curcuma Powder
- ½ tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 pinch Asafoetida
- ½ tsp Garam Masala
- 2 tbsp Low-Fat Cream
- ½ cup Water
- The preparation of Indian Traditional Cottage Cheese Cubes In Spinach Sauce from Punjab – Palak Paneer includes making the spinach puree. Take spinach leaves and rinse them well under running water.
- Heat the water into a pan and bring it to a boil. As soon as it starts bubbling, turn off the heat and add spinach leaves to the hot water. Let the spinach leaves rest in the water for 1 minute.
- With a tong, take the leaves out and immediately put them in icy cold water for a minute. This process is called blanching and helps in maintaining the green color of spinach.
- Drain the cold water and add the spinach leaves to the mixer grinder with garlic, ginger, and green chilies. Blend into a smooth puree.
- Next, add oil to a pan and let it melt on a low flame. Add cumin and wait for it to sputter. Then add the bay leaf and stir for a minute.
- Add finely chopped onions and sauté them till it becomes transparent. Then add chopped ginger and garlic, and sauté till its raw aroma goes away.
- Add chopped tomatoes and stir till they become soft and mushy. As soon as the oil starts releasing from the mixture, add chili powder, turmeric powder, and a pinch of asafoetida. Mix it well.
- Next, add the spinach puree to the mixture along with the water, and stir it again.
- Lower the heat and let the gravy cook for 6-7 minutes. It will become thick.
- Add salt, Garam Masala powder, and cottage cheese cubes, and mix everything well. At last, add two tablespoons of cream.
- Your mouthwatering Palak Paneer is ready. Garnish with butter and serve hot with rice or flatbread.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Cooking tip for making Palak Paneer
- Before adding the cottage cheese cubes, you can also fry them slightly in a pan before adding them to the gravy.
- To prepare the vegan version of this recipe, you can substitute cottage cheese with tofu and skip the cream.
- While blanching the spinach leaves, make sure that the water is icy cold. This process not only gives a beautiful green color to the dish but also removes harmful microorganisms.
What to serve with Palak Paneer?
Serve the creamy Palak Paneer with rice or Indian flatbread.
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?