Khakhra is a delicious and traditional Indian snack from Gujarat. It is one of the best delicacies to have with tea and carry along while traveling.
Things to know about Khakhara Recipe
While exploring any Indian grocery store, you are very likely to find a popular Gujarati snack known as Khakhra. It is a flaky, crispy, and delicious snack that is also healthy and has a great shelf life.
The Indian Traditional Crispy Thin Craker from Gujarat – Khakhra is one of the best travel-friendly snacks that you can have. It is vegan, nut-free as well as soy-free. Its preparation involves combing wheat flour with spices and forming a dough.
Since Khakra is a roasted snack, it requires no oil to cook. You can easily find stocks of Khakhra in Gujarati homes. It is an on-the-go tea snack that everyone loves to have.
You can carry Khakhra with you and munch it without any hassle. Due to the same reason, you can also easily take it to your hostel or university.
Authentic Recipe of Khakhra. Delicious Indian Traditional Crispy Thin Cracker from Gujarat.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 1 cup Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup Gram Flour
- 1/2 tsp Carom Seed – Ajwain
- 1/2 tsp Pepper Powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder – Curcuma Powder
- 1/4 cup Dried Fenugreek Leaf – Kasuri Methi
- 1 tsp Vegetable Oil
- Salt As needed
- Add the wheat flour, gram flour, pepper powder, turmeric powder, and carom seeds to a mixing bowl. Also, add the dried fenugreek leaves and combine everything well.
- Add water and start kneading the mixture to form a dough. Remember that the dough should be stiff, so be careful while adding the water.
- Let the dough rest for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, take a ball-sized portion from the dough and place it on the rolling board.
- Dust the ball with some flour and start rolling it into a thin disk. Roll the dough thin to achieve a crispy Khakhra.
- Place the rolled Khakhra on a hot skillet and let it cook. When you see bubbles on the top of Khakhra, flip it.
- Now take a clean cloth and press down the bubbles gently and start rotating the Khakhra.
- When the Khakhra becomes golden brown from both sides, place it on a rack to cool down.
- Once it becomes firm, your Indian Traditional Crispy Thin Cracker from Gujarat – Khakhra is ready. Enjoy your Khakhra with tea.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Cooking tip for making Khakra
The thinner you roll the disc, the crispier your Khakhra will become. Hence, make sure that you roll it very thin.
What to serve with Khakra?
You can enjoy the Khakhra as it is or have it with tea.
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?