Things to know about Soan Papdi Recipe
The Indian Traditional Cube Flakes or Soan Papdi is a rich yellow-colored dessert shaped like crispy cube flakes. “Besan” is the key ingredient of this gorgeous dish. Besan is the Indian name for gram flour. Some people claim that the dish originated in Bangladesh and spread across Gujarat, Punjab, and Rajasthan. But Uttar Pradesh is also strongly referred to as the place where the dessert was first made.
Soan Papdi is also called “Shoan Papdi” and “Patisa”. The sweet can be consumed after meals. It’s also prepared for festivals or occasions. The recipe can be found at confectioneries called “Halwai”, in India. Soan Papdi can be distantly linked to cotton candy because of its texture. The Turkish equivalent of the recipe is called “Pismaniye”. The dish is made by blending flour and sugar.
Mouthwatering Indian Traditional Cube Flakes from Uttar Pradesh. Authentic Recipe of Soan Papdi.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 1½ cup Gram Flour
- 1¼ cup All Purpose Flour – Plain Flour
- 250 grams (8.82 oz) Clarified Butter
- 2½ cup White Sugar – Regular Sugar – Granulated Sugar
- 1½ cup Water
- 2 tbsp Milk
- ½ tsp Green Cardamom Pod Seeds Crushed
- Take a bowl and sift the gram flour and all-purpose flour together.
- In a pan, add clarified butter and bring to heat.
- Add the flour mixture and roast on a low flame. Set aside and let it cool.
- Combine milk, water, and sugar to make a syrup.
- Pour the syrup onto the flour mixture.
- Beat it with a fork.
- Pour the mixture on a greased surface. Roll it to 1-inch (2.5 cm) thickness.
- Sprinkle green cardamom and press it using your palms.
- Let it cool and cut it into 1-inch (2.5 cm) squares.
- Store the Soan Papdi in an airtight container.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.