Things to know about Jeera Aloo Recipe
Jeera Aloo is a very subtle, comforting, and delicious Indian preparation that is very easy to prepare.
In the Hindi language, the words Jeera and Aloo mean Cumin and potato, respectively. The preparation of Indian Traditional Cumin Fried Potatoes from Punjab – Jeera Aloo includes potatoes and cumin seeds seasoning. It also contains curry leaves, ginger, and spices like red chili powder and coriander powder. Together, everything results in a mouthwatering aroma and a delicious tangy taste.
Jeera Aloo is widely popular all across India as it is easy to make and very satisfying in taste. Moreover, many other Indian dishes also include Aloo Jerra as a stuffing. You can have this dish for lunch and breakfast. It tastes best with hot Indian flatbreads or chapatis.
Delicious Indian Traditional Cumin Fried Potatoes from Punjab. Authentic Recipe of Jeera Aloo.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 5 pcs Potato Medium
- 3 tbsp Oil with neutral taste
- 3 tbsp Cumin Seeds
- 3 pcs Green Chili
- ½ tsp Red Chili Powder
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder – Curcuma Powder
- 3 tsp Lemon Juice
- ¼ cup Fresh Coriander Chopped
- Salt to taste
- Take the potatoes and wash them nicely under running water.
- Fill the pressure cooker with water and submerge the potatoes so that the water level is above the potatoes. Pressure cook the potatoes for 8-10 minutes.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, let them cool. Peel the potatoes and slice them into small cubes.
- Now in a pan, heat some oil on medium flame and add cumin seeds to it. Stir it and let the seeds crackle.
- Then add green chili followed by potato cubes and mix well.
- Sprinkle red chili powder, turmeric powder, and salt according to the taste. Mix everything nicely and sauté the potatoes for 3-5 minutes.
- Next, add fresh lemon juice.
- Finally, add chopped coriander leaves. Mix well and turn off the flame.
- Your Indian Traditional Cumin Fried Potatoes from Punjab – Jeera Aloo is ready. Serve it hot with Chapati!
While preparing Aloo Jeera, remember not to overcook the potatoes. Make sure that they are tender and don't crumble.
Jeera Aloo tastes delicious with Chapati or Indian flatbread. You can also enjoy it with Poori or fried flatbread.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.